We have today announced that the KBC Dublin Race Series which leads into the Marathon will be virtual for 2021 with distances of 4 Mile, 10km, 10 Mile and Half marathon available to run from June through to September. Entry is also open for the KBC Virtual Dublin Marathon which will take place over the October bank holiday weekend.
For runners who have secured a place for the 2021 KBC Dublin Marathon on Sunday 24th of October, it is still too early to say definitively if the event will go ahead due to Covid 19 restrictions. Entrants will receive an official confirmation by Friday 25thof June. We are cautiously optimistic that there is still potential for it to proceed.
Jim Aughney Race Director said: “We are still working towards holding the 2021 KBC Dublin Marathon in October. The detailed planning by the organising committee is ongoing and we continue to engage with the relevant authorities. We wanted to be transparent with runners to let them know the date we will make the final decision while also offering runners who have not secured a place, an option to enter our virtual marathon.”
He added: “We are making the final decision as late as possible so we can review the state of play while also ensuring we can start the critical event management needed to provide the quality of race for runners that we pride ourselves on delivering.”
Entry for the KBC Virtual Race Series is €10 per race and €15 for entry to the KBC Virtual Dublin Marathon. All finishers of the KBC Virtual Dublin Marathon and Race Series will receive a commemorative medal, marathon finishers will also receive a beanie #RunYourTown.
KBC Virtual Race Series Dates
- Fingal 4 Mile 19th & 20th June
- South Dublin 10k 17th & 18th July
- Frank Duffy 10 Mile 21st & 22nd August
- Half Marathon 18th & 19th September
KBC Virtual Dublin Marathon
- Bank Holiday weekend: Saturday 23rd, Sunday 24th and Monday the 25th of October
- KBC Virtual Race Series entry is €10 per race plus postage and packaging of finishers medal.
- KBC Virtual Dublin Marathon entry is €15 plus postage and packaging of finishers medal and beanie.
- KBC Virtual Race Series event t-shirt can be purchased at €12.50
- KBC Virtual Marathon event t-shirt can be purchased at €18
- The entry fee includes access to KBC Dublin Marathon and Race Series app which has a built-in GPS tracking feature that automatically records the runner’s distance and time with results uploaded automatically when they have completed their race.
- All finishers can download a digital celebration frame to share their race finishing moments on social media
- What will happen if you need to cancel the KBC Dublin Marathon event?
If that were to happen, all entries for the 2021 KBC Dublin Marathon (rolled over from 2020) would receive a place in the 2022 KBC Dublin Marathon. For those who do not wish to avail of this, a full refund option will be available.
- If you need to have a reduced field in the marathon, how will you select who gets to run?
It is still too early to give details on what our approach would be if this were to happen. We will have greater clarity by Friday 25th of June of the potential scenarios and we will inform runners of the approach that will be taken then.
- Is there a limit on virtual entries?
There is no limit on entries for any of the KBC Virtual Race Series Races or for the KBC Virtual Dublin Marathon.
- Will an entry for the 2020 KBC Race Series still hold for 2022?
Yes, your entry for the 2020 KBC Race Series will be valid for the 2022 KBC Race Series.
- Is there a refund option available for the KBC Race Series for those who rolled over entries from 2020 to 2021?
For those who do not wish to keep their rolled over entry place in the 2021 KBC Race Series, a refund option will be made available up to 18th June 2021. The refund will be available on “Manage My Bookings” from your entry confirmation link.
- Do you have details on how you could run the event?
We continually focus on delivering a quality and safe racing experience for all runners. The detailed planning by the organising committee is ongoing in terms of potential safety measures and protocols and participant requirements to ensure the event’s safe running. Runners will be informed in advance of any new protocols.
- Will International runners be taking part in the 2021 KBC Dublin Marathon?
We are currently not able to update you on whether it will be possible for international participants to take part or not, we will let runners who have secured a place for the 2021 Dublin Marathon know by Friday 25th of June.